Sunday

NAOMI MILLER


NAOMI MILLER

With a string of successful stage shows, BBC dramas and the Hollywood film Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire under her belt the emerging star who bases herself in south London is well and truly living amongst the showbiz community and loving it. After recently finishing her role as Mercedes in the UK’s number one sell out tour of the musical ‘GLEE’ this London socialite is well on her way to becoming a British star on screen and stage.

I have been in the industry since I was two and love it more and more everyday. Performing is my release and being able to do it as a profession is a blessing.”

“London is the UK hub for all things showbiz. Everywhere you turn there are theatres and lots of other stagey things. London has its own showbiz community where everybody knows everybody so its comforting to know your surrounded by people who are doing the same thing as you. You can't find that everywhere.”

“I don't believe that you can ever "Make it" as there is always something bigger and better out there and you can constantly be working to better yourself in whatever you do.”

With a hectic work schedule but a social life that many of is would dream of, is there any real need for this performing belle to get away from it all and find her urban retreat…?

“The performing arts industry can be very stressful at times. If I have had a bad day or a bad audition I sometimes go to the South Bank… walking along the river when it gets dark maybe popping into a few nice bars on the way.”

“My favorite part of the city has to be Soho. Its right in the west end so its a great place to get to after a show and you always end up bumping into people you know. I think its the fact that everyone is embraced in Soho, no matter who you are.”

“My Idea of a London retreat is a weekend in a top hotel with champagne, great food, spa treatments and a really good group of friends. I like staying in hotels in London as it is such an amazing place but when you live and work there you forget how lucky you are to have the amazing things you do around you. When I stay in a hotel I treat London like I'm a tourist and 9 years later I'm still discovering new things. That’s the beauty of the city.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for all your comments! i post daily so be sure to keep coming back :)